- Available now: 2016 Mort Kunstler Collectible Ornament "The Winds of Winter"
- General George S. Patton, Jr.: Going off of the Map
- HE CIVIL WAR ROUND TABLE OF NEW YORK PRESENTING PETER COZZENS
- The Antietam Battlefield Illumination: A Powerful Representation of the Battle’s 23,110 Casualties
- Sons of the White Eagle in the American Civil War: Divided Poles in a Divided Nation
- George C. Marshall Foundation Cookoff
- Updated: Annual GBPA banquet to honor memory of George Lomas
- Lady Farm Christmas season tradition continues Dec. 10
- GETTYSBURG NATIONAL MILITARY PARK EISENHOWER NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE 2017 CALENDAR OF Events
- Antietam Guides and Tours
- Recruit Members of the Gettysburg Foundation Support Gettysburg’s Orchards
- 29+ ACRE GETTYSBURG FARM-HISTORICALLY RESTORED FOR SALE
he American Civil War was the greatest war in American history. 3 million fought - 600,000 paid the ultimate price for freedom. And a war for freedom it was. The desire for freedom traveled deeper than the color of skin and farther than the borders of any state.
There are hundreds of thousands of pages of information available through this site. Peruse the Official Record of the war, check out the Battle Map, or view the largest collection of Civil War photos available online.
--Official Record (Union Letters, Orders, Reports)
"...I know that the Lord is always on the side of the right; but it is my constant anxiety and prayer that I and this nation may be on the Lord's side."
The first general order issued by the Father of his Country after the Declaration of Independence indicates the spirit in which our institutions were founded and should ever be defended: "The general hopes and trusts that every officer and man will endeavor to live and act as becomes a Christian soldier defending the dearest rights and liberties of his country."
"We are not fighting for slavery. We are fighting for Independence, and that, or extermination"
-- Jefferson Davis
""If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms."
-- Samuel Adams
"What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?"
-- Patrick Henry