71st ANNUAL REUNION
83rd INFANTRY DIVISION ASSOCIATION
August 2 – 6, 2017
Renaissance Cleveland Hotel, 24 Public Square, in the heart of downtown Cleveland, Ohio.
The 2017 Reunion Agenda:
- On Wednesday August 2nd an evening visit to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- On Thursday August 3rd a late morning lunch cruise on Lake Erie followed by historical displays and exhibits back at the Hotel.
- Friday August 4th brings a morning tour of Cleveland historic places and sites, culminating at West Side Market for a stroll through the best smells, sounds and tastes Cleveland has to offer.
- Friday evening has an all-you-can-eat picnic and baseball game at Progressive Field with the American League Champion Indians squaring off with the Yankees.
- On Saturday August 5th the Association holds a very special Veterans Memorial service at historic Old Stone First Presbyterian Church on Public Square
- On Saturday evening the reunion culminates with a formal banquet in the Ambassador Ballroom
Throughout the reunion there will be plenty of time to greet, meet and visit in the Hospitality Suites.
This year’s reunion marks the 100th anniversary of the 83rd as it was formed in 1917 to serve in WWI. Attendees will be able to learn more about the proud history of the 83rd by viewing various displays and exhibits along with historical presentations.
Veterans from WWII, post WWII Veterans and active duty service members who wore or wear the 83rd patch, along with descendants and other interested individuals are welcome to attend.
For registration information concerning the reunion or the 83rd ID, contact www.83rdassociation.com . Hotel accommodations ($129 per night plus tax) may be made by calling the Cleveland Renaissance at 1-800-468-3571 or 216-696-5600. Hotel reservations may also be made online through a link at www.83rdassociation.com.
You may also contact me personally if you so desire. Look forward to hearing from you.
Respectfully, Dave Dimmick
Sgt. at Arms, 83rd ID Assoc.
Cell# - 217/473-3284